Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The set of programs and policies designed to promote economic recovery and social reform introduced during the 1930s by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
2. The period during which these programs and policies were developed.
New Dealer n.
1. (Historical Terms) the domestic policies of Franklin D. Roosevelt for economic and social reform
2. (Historical Terms) the period of the implementation of these policies (1933–40)
New Dealer n
1. the economic and social policies and programs introduced by President Franklin D. Roosevelt and his administration.
2. the Roosevelt administration, esp.the period from 1933 to 1941.
New′ Deal′er, n.
Roosevelt’s 1932 pledge for the people while accepting the Democratic presidential nomination; also the legislative program of his administration.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||New Deal - the economic policy of F. D. Roosevelt|
economic policy - a government policy for maintaining economic growth and tax revenues
|2.||New Deal - the historic period (1933-1940) in the United States during which President Franklin Roosevelt's economic policies were implemented|
|3.||new deal - a reapportioning of something|
deal - the act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"