nightcap(redirected from Night-cap)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A usually alcoholic drink taken just before bedtime.
2. Sports & Games The last event in a day's competition, especially the final game in a baseball double-header.
3. A cloth cap worn especially in bed.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a bedtime drink, esp an alcoholic or hot one
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a soft cap formerly worn in bed
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. an alcoholic drink taken at the end of the day.
2. a cap for the head, intended primarily to be worn in bed.
3. Informal. the last of a day's sports events, esp. the second game of a doubleheader in baseball.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||nightcap - an alcoholic drink taken at bedtime; often alcoholic|
drink - a single serving of a beverage; "I asked for a hot drink"; "likes a drink before dinner"
|2.||nightcap - a cloth cap worn in bed|
cap - a tight-fitting headdress
|3.||nightcap - the final game of a double header|
game - a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
2. (= drink) bebida que se toma antes de acostarse
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Would you like a nightcap? → Prendrez-vous quelque chose avant de vous coucher ?
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995