nightcap(redirected from Nightcaps)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A usually alcoholic drink taken just before bedtime.
2. Sports & Games The last event in a day's competition, especially the final game in a baseball double-header.
3. A cloth cap worn especially in bed.
1. a bedtime drink, esp an alcoholic or hot one
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a soft cap formerly worn in bed
1. an alcoholic drink taken at the end of the day.
2. a cap for the head, intended primarily to be worn in bed.
3. Informal. the last of a day's sports events, esp. the second game of a doubleheader in baseball.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||nightcap - an alcoholic drink taken at bedtime; often alcoholic|
drink - a single serving of a beverage; "I asked for a hot drink"; "likes a drink before dinner"
|2.||nightcap - a cloth cap worn in bed|
cap - a tight-fitting headdress
|3.||nightcap - the final game of a double header|
game - a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"