no man's land(redirected from No man's land (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
no man's land
1. Land under dispute by two opposing parties, especially the field of battle between the lines of two opposing entrenched armies.
2. An area of uncertainty or ambiguity.
3. An unclaimed or unowned piece of land.
no′ man's` land`
1. an area between warring armies that no one controls.
2. an area where guidelines and authority are not clear.
3. an unclaimed tract of usu. barren land.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||no man's land - an unoccupied area between the front lines of opposing armies|
|2.||no man's land - land that is unowned and uninhabited (and usually undesirable)|
land - the land on which real estate is located; "he built the house on land leased from the city"
|3.||no man's land - the ambiguous region between two categories or states or conditions (usually containing some features of both); "but there is still a twilight zone, the tantalizing occurrences that are probably noise but might possibly be a signal"; "in the twilight zone between humor and vulgarity"; "in that no man's land between negotiation and aggression"|