Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A city of western Alaska on Norton Sound and the southern coast of Seward Peninsula. It was founded as a gold-mining camp in 1898 and became a boomtown during the gold rush.
1. A province of Pharaonic, Hellenistic, and Roman Egypt.
2. A nomarchy.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) any of the former provinces of modern Greece; nomarchy
2. (Historical Terms) an administrative division of ancient Egypt
[C18: from Greek nomos pasture, region]
1. a seaport in W Alaska. 2301.
2. Cape, a cape in W Alaska, on Seward Peninsula, W of Nome.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Nome - a town in western Alaska on the southern coast of the Seward Peninsula; an important center of an Alaskan gold rush at the beginning of the 20th century|