chromogenic(redirected from Nonchromogenic)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Chemistry A substance capable of conversion into a pigment or dye.
2. Biology A strongly pigmented or pigment-generating organelle, organ, or microorganism.
chro′mo·gen′ic (-jĕn′ĭk) adj.
1. (Chemistry) producing colour
2. (Chemistry) of or relating to a chromogen
3. (Photography) photog involving the use of chromogens rather than silver halide during processing to produce the image: chromogenic film.
chro•mo•gen•ic(ˌkroʊ məˈdʒɛn ɪk)
1. producing color.
2. pertaining to a chromogen.
3. (of bacteria) producing some characteristic color or pigment that is useful as a means of identification.