Ladin(redirected from Nones language)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A Rhaeto-Romance language spoken in the Dolomite Alps of northern Italy.
2. Romansh as spoken in Engadine between Saint Moritz and the Austrian border.
3. A person who is a native speaker of either of these languages.
[Rhaeto-Romance, from Latin Latīnus, Latin; see Latin.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
[C19: from Italian ladino, from Latin latīnus Latin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a Rhaeto-Romance dialect spoken in several valleys of the Dolomites in NE Italy.
2. the two Rhaeto-Romance dialects of the Engadine valley in the canton of Grisons, Switzerland.
[1875–80; < Romansh < Latin Latīnus Latin]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Ladin - a Rhaeto-Romance dialect of Romansh spoken in southeastern Switzerland|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.