Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Relating to Northumbria or its Old English dialect.
2. Relating to the former or present-day county of Northumberland in northeast England.
1. A native or inhabitant of Northumbria.
2. A native or inhabitant of Northumberland.
3. The Old English dialect of Northumbria.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to the English county of Northumberland, its inhabitants, or their dialect of English
2. (Historical Terms) of or relating to ancient Northumbria, its inhabitants, or their dialect
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
North•um•bri•an(nɔrˈθʌm bri ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Northumbria or Northumberland.
2. the English dialect of Northumbria or Northumberland.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Northumbria, Northumberland, or their inhabitants or dialect.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.