upswing(redirected from Nousukausi)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An upward swing or trend.
2. An increase, as in movement or business activity.
1. (Economics) economics a recovery period in the trade cycle
2. an upward swing or movement or any increase or improvement
vb, -swings, -swinging or -swung
(intr) to swing or move up
up•swing(n. ˈʌpˌswɪŋ; v. ʌpˈswɪŋ)
n., v. -swung, -swing•ing. n.
1. an upward swing or swinging movement, as of a pendulum.
2. a marked increase or improvement: an upswing in stock prices.v.i.
3. to make or undergo an upswing.
Past participle: upswung