Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to O'Connor: Flannery O'Connor
O'Connor, Sandra Day Born 1930.
American jurist. She was appointed the first woman associate justice of the US Supreme Court in 1981, and she served until 2006.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biography) Feargus. 1794–1855, Irish politician and journalist, a leader of the Chartist movement
2. (Biography) (Mary) Flannery. 1925–64, US novelist and short-story writer, author of Wise Blood (1952) and The Violent Bear it Away (1960)
3. (Biography) Frank, real name Michael O'Donovan. 1903–66, Irish short-story writer and critic
4. (Biography) Thomas Power, known as Tay Pay. 1848–1929, Irish journalist and nationalist leader
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Frank (Michael Donovan), 1903–66, Irish writer.
2. (Mary) Flannery, 1925–64, U.S. author.
3. Sandra Day, born 1930, associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court since 1981.
4. Thomas Power, 1848–1929, Irish journalist and political leader.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.