Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
In spite, however, of his resemblance to the handsome Russian Emperor and the terrible Domitian, Isidore Baudoyer was nothing more than a political office-holder, of little ability as head of his department, a cut-and-dried routine man, who concealed the fact that he was a flabby cipher by so ponderous a personality that no scalpel could cut deep enough to let the operator see into him.
If the guillotine, as applied to office-holders, were a literal fact, instead of one of the most apt of metaphors, it is my sincere belief that the active members of the victorious party were sufficiently excited to have chopped off all our heads, and have thanked Heaven for the opportunity
You see my kind of loyalty was loyalty to one's country, not to its institutions or its office-holders.
Behind the thrones there stood two men in purple gowns, with ascetic, clean-shaven faces, and half a dozen other high dignitaries and office-holders of Aquitaine.
Others, as most legislators, politicians, lawyers, ministers, and office-holders, serve the state chiefly with their heads; and, as they rarely make any moral distinctions, they are as likely to serve the devil, without intending it, as God.
President Grant Brookes replied but is he the only office-holder who bothers to check this forum?
A JCIO spokesman said: "The Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice were satisfied that the material did not include images of children or any other illegal content, but concluded that this was an inexcusable misuse of their judicial IT accounts and wholly unacceptable conduct for a judicial office-holder.
We are getting as close to employment rights and duties as we could while respecting office-holder status," he said.
It is disappointing--but not surprising--that, as a former office-holder, Finch has made no constructive suggestions.
He is now the first senior EU office-holder to hail from Central and Eastern Europe.
The Senior Vice President, Anne-Maree Whitaker presented the fellowship, stating that Dr Jack had pioneered the study of Australian History, that he had served as a Councillor and Office-Holder of the Society for many years, and that he had, as an academic at Sydney University, taught and mentored many generations of students, many of whom were now Dr Jack's colleagues and friends.
But for comic relief, for the unerring instinct the office-holder, whoever he may be, possesses for making an ass of himself, for clownish turns on a tatterdemalion set, for jamming the cross-gartered foot down his own throat--all this is wonderful to behold.
Dictionary browser ?
- office block
- office boy
- office building
- Office copy
- office furniture
- office girl
- Office holder
- office hours
- office junior
- office manager
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Intelligence Support
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Naval Intelligence
- Office of the Dead
- office park
- Office seeker
- office staff
- office supply store
- Office wire
- office work
- office worker
- officer conducting the exercise
- officer conducting the serial
- officer in tactical command
- officer of arms
- officer of the day
- officer of the deck
- officer of the guard
- officer scheduling the exercise
- officer's mess
- officers’ mess
- official document
- official emissary
- official immunity
- official information
- Official Receiver
- Official Referee
- official site
- Official Solicitor
- official strike
Full browser ?
- Office worker
- Office worker
- Office worker
- Office Workers Career Centre
- Office Workstations Limited
- Office World News
- Office X
- Office XP
- Office XP
- Office, Chief of Air Defense Artillery
- Office, Chief of Legislative Liaison
- Office, Chief of Ordnance - Detroit
- Office, Chief of Public Affairs
- Office, Chief of Staff of the Army
- Office, Chief of the Air Corps
- Office, Chief of Transportation
- Office, Chief Ordnance
- Office, Comptroller Of the Army
- office, computing and accounting machinery
- Office, Motor Vehicle Transportation Officer
- Office, Ogden Air Material Area
- Office-Affordable Housing Production Program
- Office-Based Independent Practice
- Office-Based Opioid Treatment
- Office-level Configuration Management Board
- Office/Officer of the Order of the British Empire
- Office/Official Personnel Folder
- Office/Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- OfficeExtend Access Point
- Officemate International Corp