Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
In spite, however, of his resemblance to the handsome Russian Emperor and the terrible Domitian, Isidore Baudoyer was nothing more than a political office-holder, of little ability as head of his department, a cut-and-dried routine man, who concealed the fact that he was a flabby cipher by so ponderous a personality that no scalpel could cut deep enough to let the operator see into him.
I say, sir, that with the eyes fixed on the social organization of nations, you see only the springs of the machine, and lose sight of the sublime workman who makes them act; I say that you do not recognize before you and around you any but those office-holders whose commissions have been signed by a minister or king; and that the men whom God has put above those office-holders, ministers, and kings, by giving them a mission to follow out, instead of a post to fill -- I say that they escape your narrow, limited field of observation.
You see my kind of loyalty was loyalty to one's country, not to its institutions or its office-holders.
Behind the thrones there stood two men in purple gowns, with ascetic, clean-shaven faces, and half a dozen other high dignitaries and office-holders of Aquitaine.
Others, as most legislators, politicians, lawyers, ministers, and office-holders, serve the state chiefly with their heads; and, as they rarely make any moral distinctions, they are as likely to serve the devil, without intending it, as God.
If the guillotine, as applied to office-holders, were a literal fact, instead of one of the most apt of metaphors, it is my sincere belief that the active members of the victorious party were sufficiently excited to have chopped off all our heads, and have thanked Heaven for the opportunity
Applicants should note that the court will need to be satisfied as to the suitability of any person put forward for appointment as an Office-holder and a person who has not acted in this capacity on previous occasions, may be required to give evidence of the fitness for appointment.
The unfortunate episode speaks of indecent, intolerant and undemocratic approach of the public office-holder which is unacceptable.
SARGODHA -- Police on Wednesday night 'released' a local office-holder of the ruling party who was taken into custody for allegedly assaulting two minor girls of Muhammadi Colony.
Imran Khan's counsel Babar Awan said in court on Monday that only those politicians who are public office holders are not allowed to participate in election campaigns under Article 260, however, Imran Khan is not a public office-holder.
An Assembly spokeswoman said: "When the Pensions Board of Trustees receives confirmation from Welsh Government that a Cabinet secretary is no longer an office-holder, the impact on the benefits payable takes effect from the date they cease to hold that post.
Drafting and passing an impeachment process, and then submitting it to a public vote, would take so much time that even the most visibly corrupt office-holder would be beyond reach for months, if not years.
Dictionary browser ?
- office block
- office boy
- office building
- Office copy
- office furniture
- office girl
- Office holder
- office hours
- office junior
- office manager
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Intelligence Support
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Naval Intelligence
- Office of the Dead
- office park
- Office seeker
- office staff
- office supply store
- Office wire
- office work
- office worker
- officer conducting the exercise
- officer conducting the serial
- officer in tactical command
- officer of arms
- officer of the day
- officer of the deck
- officer of the guard
- officer scheduling the exercise
- officer's mess
- officers’ mess
- official document
- official emissary
- official immunity
- official information
- Official Receiver
- Official Referee
- official site
- Official Solicitor
- official strike
Full browser ?
- Office worker
- Office worker
- Office worker
- Office Workers Career Centre
- Office Workstations Limited
- Office World News
- Office X
- Office XP
- Office XP
- Office, Chief of Air Defense Artillery
- Office, Chief of Legislative Liaison
- Office, Chief of Ordnance - Detroit
- Office, Chief of Public Affairs
- Office, Chief of Staff of the Army
- Office, Chief of the Air Corps
- Office, Chief of Transportation
- Office, Chief Ordnance
- Office, Comptroller Of the Army
- office, computing and accounting machinery
- Office, Motor Vehicle Transportation Officer
- Office, Ogden Air Material Area
- Office-Affordable Housing Production Program
- Office-Based Independent Practice
- Office-Based Opioid Treatment
- Office-level Configuration Management Board
- Office/Officer of the Order of the British Empire
- Office/Official Personnel Folder
- Office/Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- OfficeExtend Access Point
- Officemate International Corp