Leo(redirected from OneWeb)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Cancer and Virgo, containing the bright stars Regulus and Denebola.
a. The fifth sign of the zodiac in astrology.
b. One who is born under this sign. In all senses also called Lion.
[Latin Leō, from leō, lion; see lion.]
1. law enforcement officer
2. low earth orbit
(Animals) a name for a lion, used in children's tales, fables, etc
[from Latin: lion]
n, Latin genitive Leonis (liːˈəʊnɪs)
1. (Astronomy) astronomy a zodiacal constellation in the N hemisphere, lying between Cancer and Virgo on the ecliptic, that contains the star Regulus and the radiant of the Leonid meteor shower
2. (Astrology) astrology
a. Also called: the Lion the fifth sign of the zodiac, symbol ♌, having a fixed fire classification and ruled by the sun. The sun is in this sign between about July 23 and Aug 22
b. a person born during a period when the sun is in this sign
adjAlso (for senses 2b, 3): Leonian
(Astrology) astrology born under or characteristic of Leo
(Astronautics) low earth orbit
n., gen. Le•o•nis (liˈoʊ nɪs)
1. the Lion, a zodiacal constellation between Virgo and Cancer, containing the bright star Regulus.
a. the fifth sign of the zodiac.
b. a person born under this sign, usu. between July 23 and August 22.
Le•o(ˈli oʊ, ˈleɪ oʊ)
1. Leo I, Saint ( “Leo the Great” ), A.D. c390–461, Italian ecclesiastic: pope 440–461.
2. Leo III, Saint, A.D. c750–816, Italian ecclesiastic: pope 795–816.
3. Leo X (Giovanni de'Medici), 1475–1521, Italian ecclesiastic: pope 1513–21 (son of Lorenzo de'Medici).
4. Leo XIII (Giovanni Vincenzo Pecci), 1810–1903, Italian ecclesiastic: pope 1878–1903.
A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Cancer and Virgo.
|Noun||1.||Leo - (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Leo|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
|2.||Leo - a zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo|
zodiac - a belt-shaped region in the heavens on either side to the ecliptic; divided into 12 constellations or signs for astrological purposes
Denebola - a star in Leo approximately 43 light years from Earth
Regulus - the brightest star in Leo
|3.||Leo - the fifth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about July 23 to August 22|
cung Sư tử