tow truck(redirected from Onroad assistance operator)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
(Automotive Engineering) a motor vehicle equipped for towing away wrecked or disabled cars. Also called: breakdown van or wrecker (US and Canadian)
1. a person or thing that wrecks.
2. a person, car, or train employed in removing wreckage, debris, etc., as from railroad tracks.
3. Also called tow car , tow truck. a vehicle equipped with a mechanical apparatus for hoisting and pulling, used to tow wrecked, disabled, or stalled automobiles.
4. a person or business that demolishes and removes houses or other buildings, as in clearing sites for other use.
5. a person or vessel employed in recovering salvage from wrecked or disabled vessels.
6. a person who plunders wrecks, esp. after exhibiting false signals in order to cause shipwrecks.
vozilo za pomoć na cesti
xe tải cứu hộ