Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Ouse: Oise
1. (Placename) Also called: Great Ouse a river in E England, rising in Northamptonshire and flowing northeast to the Wash near King's Lynn; for the last 56 km (35 miles) follows mainly artificial channels. Length: 257 km (160 miles)
2. (Placename) a river in NE England, in Yorkshire, formed by the confluence of the Swale and Ure Rivers: flows southeast to the Humber. Length: 92 km (57 miles)
3. (Placename) a river in S England, rising in Sussex and flowing south to the English Channel. Length: 48 km (30 miles)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Also called Great Ouse. a river in E England flowing NE to the Wash. 160 mi. (260 km) long.
2. a river in NE England, in Yorkshire, flowing SE to the Humber. 57 mi. (92 km) long.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.