Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to Oval Office: White House
1. The office of the President of the United States, situated in the White House.
2. The office, authority, or executive power of the President of the United States; the presidency.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Named Buildings) the private office of the president of the US, a large oval room in the White House
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the US presidency
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the office of the president of the United States, located in the White House.
2. this office regarded as the seat of executive power in the United States federal government.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Oval Office - the office of the President of the United States in the White House|
White House - the government building that serves as the residence and office of the President of the United States
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.