pane(redirected from PANAS)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
a. A sheet of glass or other transparent material set into a window or door.
b. A framed section of a window or door that holds such a sheet.
2. A panel, as of a door or wall.
3. One of the flat surfaces or facets of an object, such as a bolt, having many sides.
1. (Building) a sheet of glass in a window or door
2. (Building) a panel of a window, door, wall, etc
3. a flat section or face, as of a cut diamond
[C13: from Old French pan portion, from Latin pannus rag]
(Tools) a variant of peen
(Cookery) (of fish, meat, etc) dipped or rolled in breadcrumbs before cooking
1. one of the divisions of a window or the like, consisting of a single plate of glass in a frame.
2. a plate of glass for such a division.
3. a panel, as of a wainscot, ceiling, or door.
4. a section of a full sheet of stamps, as sold at a post office window.
[1250–1300; Middle English pane, pan strip of cloth, section < Middle French pan < Latin pannus cloth]
pa•né(pæˈneɪ; Fr. paˈneɪ)
(of food) prepared with bread crumbs; breaded.
Past participle: paned
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pane - sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors|
window - a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
|2.||pane - a panel or section of panels in a wall or door|
panel - sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat and rectangular) section or component of something
sliding door - a door that opens by sliding instead of swinging
wall - an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
wall panel - paneling that forms part of a wall
|3.||pane - street name for lysergic acid diethylamide|
back breaker, battery-acid, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, window pane, acid, superman, Zen, dose, dot
→ Glasscheibe f
(Comput) → Fensterausschnitt m
pane[peɪn] n → vetro
a flat piece of glass. a window-pane. ruit لَوْح زُجاجي стъкло vidraça tabulka (skla) die Scheibe rude; -rude τζάμιcristal, vidrio (akna)ruut شیشه ikkunaruutu vitreשמשה फलक ploha stakla (ablak)tábla kaca gluggarúða vetro １枚のガラス 창유리 stiklas (stikla) rūts kaca tingkap ruitruteszyba ښيښه، هغه ټوټه چې ښځې يې پرخپل كميس دښكلا دپاره ګنډي vidraça geam оконное стекло sklená tabuľa šipa okno glasruta แผ่นกระจกหน้าต่าง pencere camı 窗格玻璃 шибка, віконне скло کھڑکي شيشہ tấm kính 窗格玻璃