panzer(redirected from Panzers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
A German armored vehicle, such as a tank, especially of the type used during World War II.
1. Of or equipped with armored vehicles: a panzer division.
2. Of or relating to an armored division.
[German, short for Panzerdivision, armored unit, from Panzer, tank, armor, from Middle High German panzier, armor, from Old French pancier, armor for the belly, from pance, belly; see paunch.]
panzer(ˈpænzə; German ˈpantsər)
1. (Military) (modifier) of, relating to, or characteristic of the fast mechanized armoured units employed by the German army in World War II: a panzer attack.
2. (Military) a vehicle belonging to a panzer unit, esp a tank
3. (Military) (plural) armoured troops
[C20: from German, from Middle High German, from Old French panciere coat of mail, from Latin pantex paunch]
1. (esp. in the German army) armored.
2. of or designating an armored unit in the German army, esp. in World War II.n.
3. a tank, forming part of an armored unit.
[1935–40; < German: armor; Middle High German panzier < Old French panciere coat of mail, literally, belly piece]
A German armored vehicle, especially a tank.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||panzer - an armored vehicle or tank |
armored combat vehicle, armoured combat vehicle, army tank, tank - an enclosed armored military vehicle; has a cannon and moves on caterpillar treads