panzer(redirected from Panzerwagen)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
A German armored vehicle, such as a tank, especially of the type used during World War II.
1. Of or equipped with armored vehicles: a panzer division.
2. Of or relating to an armored division.
[German, short for Panzerdivision, armored unit, from Panzer, tank, armor, from Middle High German panzier, armor, from Old French pancier, armor for the belly, from pance, belly; see paunch.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
panzer(ˈpænzə; German ˈpantsər)
1. (Military) (modifier) of, relating to, or characteristic of the fast mechanized armoured units employed by the German army in World War II: a panzer attack.
2. (Military) a vehicle belonging to a panzer unit, esp a tank
3. (Military) (plural) armoured troops
[C20: from German, from Middle High German, from Old French panciere coat of mail, from Latin pantex paunch]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. (esp. in the German army) armored.
2. of or designating an armored unit in the German army, esp. in World War II.n.
3. a tank, forming part of an armored unit.
[1935–40; < German: armor; Middle High German panzier < Old French panciere coat of mail, literally, belly piece]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A German armored vehicle, especially a tank.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||panzer - an armored vehicle or tank |
armored combat vehicle, armoured combat vehicle, army tank, tank - an enclosed armored military vehicle; has a cannon and moves on caterpillar treads
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
panzer[ˈpænzəʳ] n → panzer m inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995