Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Parthian: Parthian shot
1. Of or relating to Parthia or its people, language, or culture.
2. Delivered in or as if in retreat: "a Parthian volley of expletives from Uncle Billy" (Bret Harte).
1. A native or inhabitant of Parthia.
2. The Iranian language of the Parthians.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of or relating to Parthia, a country in ancient Asia, or its inhabitants
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Parthia, a country in ancient Asia, or its inhabitants
(Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Parthia
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Par•thi•an(ˈpɑr θi ən)
1. a native or inhabitant of Parthia.
2. the Iranian language of the Parthians.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Parthia, its inhabitants, or their language.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Parthian - a native or inhabitant of Parthia |
Parthia - an ancient kingdom in Asia to the southeast of the Caspian Sea; it dominated southwestern Asia from about 250 BC to AD 226
|2.||Parthian - the Iranian language spoken in the Parthian kingdom (250 BC to AD 226)|
|Adj.||1.||Parthian - pertaining to Parthia or its people or language or culture; "Parthian archeology"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.