Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A river, about 790 km (490 mi) long, of central and southern Mississippi flowing southwest then south to the Gulf of Mexico. Its lower course forms part of the Mississippi-Louisiana border.
2. A river of southeast China consisting of three tributaries that converge near Guangzhou and form an estuary between Hong Kong and Macau. From the headwaters of its westernmost tributary, it is about 2,200 km (1,370 mi) long. Pearl River is the translation of its Chinese name, Zhujiang (also spelled Chukiang).
1. (Placename) a river in central Mississippi, flowing southwest and south to the Gulf of Mexico. Length: 789 km (490 miles)
2. (Placename) the English name for the Zhu Jiang
1. a river flowing from central Mississippi into the Gulf of Mexico. 485 mi. (780 km) long.
2. Zhu Jiang.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Pearl River - a river in southeast China that flows into the South China Sea|
|2.||Pearl River - a river in Mississippi that flows southward to the Gulf of Mexico|