peekaboo(redirected from Peek-a-boo)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
A game for amusing a small child, in which one covers one's face or hides and then returns to view saying "Peekaboo!"
1. Decorated with embroidered holes or eyelets.
2. Made of a sheer or transparent fabric.
(Games, other than specified) a game for young children, in which one person hides his face and suddenly reveals it and cries "peekaboo".
(Clothing & Fashion) (of a garment) made of fabric that is almost transparent or patterned with small holes
[C16: from peek + boo]
1. a game in which one amuses a baby by suddenly revealing one's face from hiding, as from behind one's hands, and calling “Peekaboo!”adj.
2. (of clothing) decorated with openwork.
3. made of a sheer and revealing material, as some blouses for women.
n → Kuckuckspiel nt; to play peekaboo → kuckuck spielen
interj → kuckuck