absolute pitch(redirected from Perfect-pitch)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The precise pitch of an isolated tone, as established by its rate of vibration measured on a standard scale.
2. Music The ability to identify any pitch heard or produce any pitch referred to by name. Also called perfect pitch.
1. (Music, other) Also called (not in technical usage): perfect pitch the ability to identify exactly the pitch of a note without comparing it to another
2. (Music, other) the exact pitch of a note determined by its number of vibrations per second
3. (General Physics) the exact pitch of a note determined by its number of vibrations per second
1. the exact pitch of a tone in terms of vibrations per second.
2. the ability to sing or recognize the pitch of a tone by ear.