Pernis


Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to Pernis: Pernis apivorus
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.Pernis - a common European bird of preyPernis - a common European bird of prey; dull brown with white-streaked underparts
bird genus - a genus of birds
Accipitridae, family Accipitridae - hawks; Old World vultures; kites; harriers; eagles
honey buzzard, Pernis apivorus - Old World hawk that feeds on bee larvae and small rodents and reptiles
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
Accenture is collaborating with Dutch telecommunications company KPN and other innovative businesses in the KPN-led Industrial 5G Field Lab Initiative, located at the Shell Pernis Refinery in the heart of the Rotterdam Harbour area.
Formed in 2010, the trio of Mike Twain (guitars and vocals), Bryan Pernis (bass and backing vocals) and Jun Divinagracia (drums and also backing vocals) were brought together by the harshness of music making.
MATEJ RAKOVAN would love to follow countryman Dusan Pernis into the hearts of the Tannadice faithful.
Although, at the time of writing this article, the outage affecting Shell's Pernis refinery (which was expected to be offline until at least mid-August) had only caused Shin-Etsu to announce force majeure on shipments of K67 suspension grade PVC resin from its Rotterdam facility, other polymer European polymer producers talked of the likely impact of the Pernis outage causing tightness in the polyolefin feedstock market, which would likely result in price increases and consequential tightness of supply some PE and PP grades.
The 32 members of the class of 2017 include Bryant Berg, Jalain Boren, Austin Bradwisch, Erynn Buchmeier, Brett Chrisman, Ashley Drexler, Cale Edmunds, Jackson Ferrara, Makela Fine, Alyssa Flores-Perales, Brittni Gibson, Sara Hugill, April Jackson, Kiera Killingbeck, Jesse Larsen, Tanner Leish, Joey Mabie, Dillon Martin, Mathai's Nchekwube, Jeannette Richardson, Cheyanne Roach, Jeska Rumer, Chelsey Schmidt, Justin Schnelle, Joel Snyder, Angelica Sollish, Marshal Standley, Austin Tabor, Kallitayah Taylor, Breanna Van Pernis and Ashleigh Wilson.
The arrangement also includes the planned sale of Statoil's 10% stake in the Pernis refinery in the Netherlands to Shell, which owns the remaining 90% in the facility.
Once the action was underway, Rangers were ahead after just six minutes when Rhys McCabe teed up the shot for Whittaker and he produced a lovely finish to slot past Dusan Pernis and into the bottom corner.
JON DALY insists blunder keeper Dusan Pernis wasn't the only Dundee United player to blame for the derby defeat that leaves them facing an uphill battle to reach the Champions League.
The Wales international was involved at the start of the move, and when striker Anthony Stokes went past United defender Dillon and cut the ball back, Ledley pounced from six yards to whip the ball past Tannadice keeper Dusan Pernis at the second attempt.
David Templeton was denied by goalkeeper Dusan Pernis in the second half as United showed they are more than a one-man team.
Chris Maguire raced on to the full-back's short backpass before rounding Dusan Pernis and slotting home after 37 minutes.