Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Persia or Iran, or to their peoples, languages, or cultures.
1. A native or inhabitant of Persia or Iran.
2. Any of the forms of the national language of medieval and modern Iran as written and spoken from about the ninth century ad to modern times, and widely used as a language of culture in Central and South Asia, especially:
a. The western dialect of this language that is the national language of modern Iran. Also called Farsi.
b. The eastern dialect of this language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Also called Dari.
3. A domestic cat of a large breed originally from the Middle East, having a long flowing coat and a broad head with a snub nose.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Anthropology & Ethnology) of or relating to ancient Persia or modern Iran, their inhabitants, or their languages
1. (Peoples) a native, citizen, or inhabitant of modern Iran; an Iranian
2. (Peoples) a member of an Indo-European people of West Iranian speech who established a great empire in SW Asia in the 6th century bc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Per•sian(ˈpɜr ʒən, -ʃən)
1. of or pertaining to ancient, medieval, or modern Persia, its people, or their language.n.
2. a native, inhabitant, or citizen of Persia.
3. an Iranian language, the principal language of Iran and much of Afghanistan.
4. Persian cat.
[1325–75; Middle English Persien < Middle French (see Persia, -an1); replacing Old English Persisc (see -ish1)]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Persian - a native or inhabitant of Iran; "the majority of Irani are Persian Shiite Muslims"|
Iran, Islamic Republic of Iran, Persia - a theocratic Islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia; Iran was the core of the ancient empire that was known as Persia until 1935; rich in oil
Farsi - a person of Iranian descent; "many Farsi emigrated to India near Bombay"
|2.||Persian - the language of Persia (Iran) in any of its ancient forms|
|Adj.||1.||Persian - of or relating to Iran or its people or language or culture; "Iranian mountains"; "Iranian security police"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
thuộc Ba Tưtiếng Ba Tư
A. ADJ → persa
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj → persan(e)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
adj → persisch; the Persian Gulf → der Persische Golf; Persian lamb (= animal) → Karakulschaf nt; (= skin, coat) → Persianer m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
1. adj → persiano/a
a. (person) → persiano/a
b. (language) → persiano
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Persian→ فَارِسِيٌّ perský persisk persisch περσικός persa persialainen perse perzijski persiano ペルシャの 페르시아의 Perzisch persisk perski persa персидский persisk เกี่ยวกับเปอร์เซีย İranlı thuộc Ba Tư 波斯的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009