petit point(redirected from Petit points)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to Petit points: tent stitch
pet·it point(pĕt′ē point′)
1. A small stitch used in needlepoint.
2. Needlepoint done with a small stitch.
[French : petit, small + point, stitch.]
petit point(ˈpɛtɪ ˈpɔɪnt; French pəti pwɛ̃)
1. (Knitting & Sewing) Also called: tent stitch a small diagonal needlepoint stitch used for fine detail
2. (Knitting & Sewing) work done with such stitches, esp fine tapestry
[French: small point]
pet′it point`(ˈpɛt i)
1. a small stitch used in embroidery.
2. embroidery done on a canvas backing and resembling woven tapestry.
[1880–85; < French: literally, small stitch]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||petit point - a small diagonal needlepoint stitch|
|2.||petit point - needlepoint done with small stitches|
n → Petit point nt