layers(redirected from Photoshop Elements)
Also found in: Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
a. One that lays: a tile layer.
b. A hen kept for laying eggs.
a. A single thickness of a material covering a surface or forming an overlying part or segment: a layer of dust on the windowsill; a cake with four layers.
b. A usually horizontal deposit or expanse; a stratum: layers of sedimentary rock; a layer of warm air.
c. A depth or level: a poem with several layers of meaning.
3. Botany A stem that is covered with soil for rooting while still part of the living plant.
4. An item of clothing worn over or under another.
v. lay·ered, lay·er·ing, lay·ers
1. To divide or form into layers: layered gravel and charcoal to make a filter.
2. To cut (hair) into different, usually overlapping lengths.
3. Botany To propagate (a plant) by means of a layer.
4. To wear (clothing) in layers.
1. To form or come apart as layers.
2. Botany To take root as a result of layering.