Also found in: Wikipedia.
Related to Pickwickian: pickwickian syndrome
1. Simple and kind: a Pickwickian uncle.
2. Meant or understood in an idiosyncratic or unusual way: a word used in a Pickwickian manner.
[After Mr. Pickwick, central character in The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club by Charles Dickens.]
1. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) of, relating to, or resembling Mr Pickwick in Charles Dickens' The Pickwick Papers, esp in being naive or benevolent
2. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) (of the use or meaning of a word, etc) odd or unusual
Pick•wick•i•an(pɪkˈwɪk i ən)
1. simple, kind, endearing, or otherwise like Mr. Pickwick, central character of Charles Dickens' novel The Pickwick Papers (1837).
2. (of the use or interpretation of a word or phrase) odd or unusual.