Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Pima: pima cotton
n. pl. Pima or Pi·mas
1. A member of a Native American people inhabiting south-central Arizona along the Gila and Salt Rivers.
2. The Uto-Aztecan language of the Pima, closely related to O'odham.
[From American Spanish Pimahitos, Pimas, from obsolete Pima pimahaitu, nothing (misunderstood by missionaries as an ethnic self-designation).]
1. (Plants) a type of cotton that has long threads and is used to produce good-quality durable fabric, towels, sheets, etc
2. (Textiles) a type of cotton that has long threads and is used to produce good-quality durable fabric, towels, sheets, etc
n., pl. -mas, (esp. collectively) -ma.
1. a member of an American Indian people of S Arizona.
2. the Uto-Aztecan language shared by the Pima and Papago, esp. those forms of the language used by the Arizona Pimas.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Pima - a member of the North American Indian people living in southern Arizona and northern Mexico|
|2.||Pima - the Uto-Aztecan language spoken by the Pima|