pithy(redirected from Pithys)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
adj. pith·i·er, pith·i·est
1. Precisely meaningful; forceful and brief: a pithy comment.
2. Consisting of or resembling pith.
adj, pithier or pithiest
1. terse and full of meaning or substance
2. of, resembling, or full of pith
adj. pith•i•er, pith•i•est.
1. brief, forceful, and meaningful in expression; terse; forcible: a pithy observation.
2. of, like, or abounding in pith.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||pithy - concise and full of meaning; "welcomed her pithy comments"; "the peculiarly sardonic and sententious style in which Don Luis composed his epigrams"- Hervey Allen|
concise - expressing much in few words; "a concise explanation"