Angevin(redirected from Plantagenet Dynasty)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Relating to the historical region and former province of Anjou, France.
2. Relating to the House of Anjou, especially as represented by the Plantagenet kings of England descended from Geoffrey, Count of Anjou (died 1151).
[French, from Old French, from Medieval Latin Andegavīnus, from Andegavia, Anjou, France.]
1. (Placename) a native or inhabitant of Anjou
2. (Historical Terms) history a member of the Plantagenet royal line descended from Geoffrey, Count of Anjou, esp one of the kings of England from Henry II to John (1154–1216)
3. (Placename) of or relating to Anjou or its inhabitants
4. (Historical Terms) of or relating to the Plantagenet kings of England between 1154 and 1216
[from French, from medieval Latin Andegavinus, from Andegavum, Angers capital of Anjou]
An•ge•vin(ˈæn dʒə vɪn)
also An•ge•vine(-vɪn, -ˌvaɪn)
1. of or pertaining to Anjou or to the counts of Anjou or their descendants, esp. those who ruled in England, or to the period of their rule.n.
2. a member of an Angevin royal house, esp. a Plantagenet.