imperforate(redirected from Postage stamp separation)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Postage stamp separation: Blind Perforation
1. Having no opening; not perforated.
2. Not separated by rows of perforations: imperforate sheets of stamps.
3. Medicine Lacking a normal opening: an imperforate anus.
An imperforate stamp.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
imperforate(ɪmˈpɜːfərɪt; -ˌreɪt) or
1. not perforated
2. (Philately) (of a postage stamp) not provided with perforation or any other means of separation. Abbreviation: imperf Compare perforate
3. (Anatomy) anatomy (of a bodily part, such as the anus) without the normal opening
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
im•per•fo•rate(ɪmˈpɜr fər ɪt, -fəˌreɪt)
1. Also, im•per′fo•rat`ed. not perforate.
2. (of stamps) lacking perforations.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
___ hymen → himen ___.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.