President Arthur

Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.President Arthur - elected vice president and became 21st President of the United States when Garfield was assassinated (1830-1886)President Arthur - elected vice president and became 21st President of the United States when Garfield was assassinated (1830-1886)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
president Arthur Lopez pointed out that PHOA and the Hotel and Restaurant Association of the Philippines were informed in a House of Representatives hearing that 90 percent of the service charge will go to the employees while the remaining 10 percent will be for losses.
Jeddah, June 1, 2019, SPA -- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has sent a cable of congratulations to President Arthur Peter Mutharika of Republic of Malawi on his re-election for a new presidential term.
An Avison Young team consisting of Principal and Tri-State president Arthur Mirante, Martin Cottingham, Jonathan Krivine and Matthew Pyrin represented the building's owner, The Domestic and Foreign Mission Society of the Protestant Episcopal Church.
Further adding salt to the wound is Parti Bersatu Rakyat Sabah deputy president Arthur Joseph Kurup, who also announced he would be leaving BN.
Earlier, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu held talks with Malawi President Arthur Peter Mutharika and reaffirmed their commitment to bolster cooperation in capacity building, training, health, agriculture, energy and mineral resources.
Past national president Eric Baker and past club president Arthur Murray manned a recruitment and information stall on Loughborough market shown here with a gentleman who came to find out what we did at the club.
He replaces President Arthur Vailas, who announced his retirement after a decade at the helm of the university in Pocatello.
were ended after a meeting between NUM President Arthur Scargill and Coal Board chairman Ian MacGregor broke up after just an hour.
Leading a team of senior Bank staff, Akinwima Adesina was received by Malawi President Arthur Peter Mutharika and his Government.
The planned attraction, which recently broke ground, will also provide a conducive habitat for wild animals, CDC president Arthur P.
Given the weakness of the southern Republicans President Arthur sought to build a coalition with the Readjuster Party, a short-lived political movement that pursued a progressive agenda in the South, including the funding education for blacks and whites along with the abolition of the poll tax and the whipping post.