Priapus(redirected from Priapos)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Priapus Greek & Roman Mythology The god of procreation, guardian of gardens and vineyards, and personification of the erect phallus.
2. An image of this god, often used as a scarecrow in ancient gardens.
3. A representation of a phallus.
[Latin Priāpus, from Greek Priāpos.]
1. (Classical Myth & Legend) (in classical antiquity) the god of the male procreative power and of gardens and vineyards
2. (often not capital) a representation of the penis
1. an ancient Greek god of male procreative power.
2. (l.c.) phallus.