pandect(redirected from Prince Ace)
1. Pandects A digest of Roman civil law, compiled for the emperor Justinian in the sixth century ad and part of the Corpus Juris Civilis. Also called Digest.
2. The definitive statement of a legal rule.
1. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) a treatise covering all aspects of a particular subject
2. (Law) (often plural) the complete body of laws of a country; legal code
[C16: via Late Latin from Greek pandektēs containing everything, from pan- + dektēs receiver, from dekhesthai to receive]
1. pandects, a complete body or code of laws: the Pandects of Justinian.
2. any complete and comprehensive digest.
[1525–35; < Late Latin Pandectēs < Greek pandéktēs=pan- pan- + déktēs receiver, container, encyclopedia]
a legal code or complete body or system of laws.See also: Law