Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Prussian: Prussian language
1. Of or relating to Prussia or its Baltic or German inhabitants.
2. Suggestive of or resembling the Junkers and the military class of Prussia.
1. Any of the western Balts inhabiting the region between the Vistula and Neman Rivers in ancient times.
2. A Baltic inhabitant of Prussia.
3. A German inhabitant of Prussia.
1. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Prussia or its people, esp of the Junkers and their formal military tradition
2. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Prussia or its people, esp of the Junkers and their formal military tradition
3. (Peoples) a German native or inhabitant of Prussia
4. (Peoples) a member of a Baltic people formerly inhabiting the coastal area of the SE Baltic
5. (Languages) See Old Prussian
1. of or pertaining to Prussia or its inhabitants.
2. characterized by or resembling Prussianism.n.
3. a native or inhabitant of Prussia.
4. a member of a Baltic-speaking people who, prior to their assimilation by Germans, lived between the lower Vistula and lower Neman rivers.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Prussian - a German inhabitant of Prussia |
Preussen, Prussia - a former kingdom in north-central Europe including present-day northern Germany and northern Poland; "in the 19th century Prussia led the economic and political unification of the German states"
German - a person of German nationality
Junker - member of the Prussian aristocracy noted especially for militarism
|Adj.||1.||Prussian - of or relating to or characteristic of Prussia or its inhabitants; "Prussian officers"; "Prussian aristocracy"|