mod(redirected from RGB motherboard)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
An unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in England in the 1960s.
1. In or characteristic of this unconventionally modern style.
2. Fashionably up-to-date, especially in style, design, or dress.
[After the Mods, name of several gangs of English youths in the 1960s, short for modern.]
a. a member of a group of teenagers in the mid-1960s, noted for their clothes-consciousness and opposition to the rockers
b. a member of a revived group of this type in the late 1970s and early 1980s, noted for their clothes-consciousness and opposition to the skinheads
c. (as modifier): a mod haircut.
[C20: from modernist]
1. (Music, other) an annual Highland Gaelic meeting with musical and literary competitions
2. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) an annual Highland Gaelic meeting with musical and literary competitions
[C19: from Gaelic mòd assembly, from Old Norse; related to moot]
(in Britain) abbreviation for
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) Ministry of Defence
1. very modern in style, dress, etc.
2. (sometimes cap.) of or pertaining to a style of dress of the 1960s, typified by miniskirts, bell-bottom trousers, and boots.n.
3. a person who is mod.
4. (sometimes cap.) a British teenager of the 1960s who affected Edwardian dress.
[1955–60; shortened form of modern]
Music produced by British bands of the 1960s in the style of American R&B.
|Noun||1.||mod - a British teenager or young adult in the 1960s; noted for their clothes consciousness and opposition to the rockers|
mods - a youth subculture that began in London in the early 1960s; a working-class movement with highly stylized dress and short hair; listened to rhythm and blues music and travelled on motor scooters
Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
|Adj.||1.||mod - relating to a recently developed fashion or style; "their offices are in a modern skyscraper"; "tables in modernistic designs";|
1. Being or in accordance with the current fashion: