RSA(redirected from RSA cipher)
Also found in: Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
An algorithm used in public key cryptography, commonly used in various protocols for secure online transmission of data.
[From the initial letters of the surnames of its inventors, Ronald Rivest (born 1947), American cryptographer, Adi Shamir (born 1952), Israeli cryptographer, and Leonard Adleman (born 1945), American computer scientist.]
1. (Placename) Republic of South Africa
2. (Art Terms) Royal Scottish Academy
3. (Art Terms) Royal Scottish Academician
4. (Art Terms) Royal Society of Arts
5. (Military) (in New Zealand) Returned Services Association
Republic of South Africa.