ramification(redirected from Ramification index)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. A development or consequence growing out of and sometimes complicating a problem, plan, or statement: the ramifications of a court decision.
a. The act or process of branching out or dividing into branches.
b. A subordinate part extending from a main body; a branch.
c. An arrangement of branches or branching parts.
1. the act or process of ramifying or branching out
2. an offshoot or subdivision
3. (often plural) a subsidiary consequence, esp one that complicates
4. a structure of branching parts
ram•i•fi•ca•tion(ˌræm ə fɪˈkeɪ ʃən)
1. the act or process of ramifying.
2. a related or derived development; consequence; implication.
3. a branch: ramifications of a nerve.
4. a structure formed of branches.
Ramificationbranches of a tree, collectively, 1821.
Example: ramification of commercial intercourse, 1800.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ramification - the act of branching out or dividing into branches|
division - the act or process of dividing
bifurcation - the act of splitting into two branches
trifurcation - the act of splitting into three branches
divarication - branching at a wide angle
fibrillation - act or process of forming fibrils
|2.||ramification - a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches"|
subfigure - a figure that is a part of another figure
bifurcation - a bifurcating branch (one or both of them)
brachium - (biology) a branching or armlike part of an animal
|3.||ramification - a development that complicates a situation; "the court's decision had many unforeseen ramifications"|
development - a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation; "recent developments in Iraq"; "what a revolting development!"
|4.||ramification - an arrangement of branching parts|
ramification[ˌræmɪfɪˈkeɪʃ/ən] n → ramificazione f
n. ramificación, distribución en ramas.