recruiter(redirected from Recruitment Agency)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
v. re·cruit·ed, re·cruit·ing, re·cruits
a. To enlist (persons) in military service.
b. To strengthen or raise (an armed force) by enlistment.
2. To hire or enroll, or seek to hire or enroll (new employees, members, or students).
3. To renew or restore (health or vitality, for example).
1. To enlist personnel in a military force.
2. To recruit new employees, members, or students.
1. A newly engaged member of a military force, especially one of the lowest rank or grade.
2. A new member of an organization.
[French recruter, from obsolete recrute, recruit, variant of recrue, from feminine past participle of recroître, to grow again, from Old French recroistre : re-, re- + croistre, to grow (from Latin crēscere; see ker- in Indo-European roots).]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||recruiter - someone who supplies members or employees|
headhunter - a recruiter of personnel (especially for corporations)
talent scout, scout - someone employed to discover and recruit talented persons (especially in the worlds of entertainment or sports)
|2.||recruiter - an official who enlists personnel for military service|
recruiting-sergeant - a sergeant deputized to enlist recruits
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.