rectifier(redirected from Rectifiers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One that rectifies: a rectifier of many wrongs.
2. Electronics A device, such as a diode, that converts alternating current to direct current.
3. A worker who blends or dilutes whiskey or other alcoholic beverages.
1. (Electronics) an electronic device, such as a semiconductor diode or valve, that converts an alternating current to a direct current by suppression or inversion of alternate half-cycles
2. (Chemistry) chem an apparatus for condensing a hot vapour to a liquid in distillation; condenser
3. a thing or person that rectifies
rec•ti•fi•er(ˈrɛk təˌfaɪ ər)
1. a person or thing that rectifies.
2. an electrical apparatus for changing an alternating current into a direct current.
A device for converting alternating current into direct current. See also inverter.
An electrical device that converts alternating current into direct current.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rectifier - electrical device that transforms alternating into direct current|
electrical device - a device that produces or is powered by electricity
full-wave rectifier - rectifier that converts the negative half wave of an alternating current into a positive half wave
|2.||rectifier - a person who corrects or sets right; "a rectifier of prejudices"|