Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Red Cross: International Red Cross
1. Abbr. RC
a. An international organization that cares for the wounded, sick, and homeless in wartime, according to the terms of the Geneva Convention of 1864, and now also during and following natural disasters.
b. A national branch of this organization.
2. The emblem of this organization, a Geneva cross or a red Greek cross on a white background.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Medicine) an international humanitarian organization (Red Cross Society) formally established by the Geneva Convention of 1864. It was originally limited to providing medical care for war casualties, but its services now include liaison between prisoners of war and their families, relief to victims of natural disasters, etc
2. (Medicine) any national branch of this organization
3. (Medicine) the emblem of this organization, consisting of a red cross on a white background
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. an international philanthropic organization (Red′ Cross′ Soci`ety), formed in consequence of the Geneva Convention of 1864 chiefly to care for the sick and wounded in war.
2. a branch of this organization.
3. Also, red′ cross′. Geneva cross.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Red Cross - an international organization that cares for the sick or wounded or homeless in wartime|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Hội chữ thập đỏ
Red Crossn the Red Cross → la Croce Rossa
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Red Cross→ الصَلِيبُ الَأحْمَر Červený kříž Røde Kors Rotes Kreuz Ερυθρός Σταυρός Cruz Roja Punainen Risti Croix Rouge Crveni križ Croce Rossa 赤十字社 적십자 Rode Kruis Røde Kors Czerwony Krzyż Cruz Vermelha Красный крест Röda korset สภากาชาด Kızılhaç Hội chữ thập đỏ 红十字会
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009
Red Crossn Cruz Roja
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.