redeye(redirected from Red Eye (newspaper))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Informal A late-night or overnight flight: caught the redeye from Los Angeles to New York.
2. Any of several fishes with red eyes, as the rock bass.
3. A coloration of the pupils in a color photograph, red in humans and varying in color in animals, caused by the reflection of the flash off the retina or tapetum.
4. Slang Inferior whiskey.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Brewing) slang US inferior whiskey
2. (Brewing) slang Canadian a drink incorporating beer and tomato juice
3. (Animals) another name for rudd
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||redeye - a night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep; "he took the redeye in order to get home the next morning"|
flight - a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports; "I took the noon flight to Chicago"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.