redeye(redirected from Red Eye (newspaper))
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Informal A late-night or overnight flight: caught the redeye from Los Angeles to New York.
2. Any of several fishes with red eyes, as the rock bass.
3. A coloration of the pupils in a color photograph, red in humans and varying in color in animals, caused by the reflection of the flash off the retina or tapetum.
4. Slang Inferior whiskey.
1. (Brewing) slang US inferior whiskey
2. (Brewing) slang Canadian a drink incorporating beer and tomato juice
3. (Animals) another name for rudd