riddler(redirected from Riddler (comics))
Also found in: Financial.
tr.v. rid·dled, rid·dling, rid·dles
1. To pierce with numerous holes; perforate: riddle a target with bullets.
2. To spread throughout: "Election campaigns have always been riddled with demagogy and worse" (New Republic).
3. To put (gravel, for example) through a coarse sieve.
A coarse sieve, as for gravel.
[Middle English ridelen, to sift, from riddil, sieve, from Old English hriddel; see krei- in Indo-European roots.]
1. A question or statement requiring thought to answer or understand; a conundrum.
2. One that is perplexing; an enigma.
v. rid·dled, rid·dling, rid·dles
To solve or explain.
1. To propound or solve riddles.
2. To speak in riddles.