rigadoon(redirected from Rigadoon (disambiguation))
rig·a·doon(rĭg′ə-do͞on′) or ri·gau·don (rē-gô-dōN′) also rig·o·don (rĭg′ə-dŏn′)
1. A lively jumping quickstep for two couples, usually in rapid duple meter.
2. The music for this dance.
[French rigaudon, rigodon, of unknown origin.]
1. (Dancing) an old Provençal couple dance, light and graceful, in lively duple time
2. (Music, other) a piece of music for or in the rhythm of this dance
[C17: from French, allegedly from its inventor Rigaud, a dancing master at Marseille]
1. a dance of the 17th and 18th centuries in quick duple meter.
2. music for this dance.
[1685–95; < French rigaudon, perhaps from the surname Rigaud]