ringbark(redirected from Ringbarked)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
(Forestry) another term for ring124
n., v. -dled, -dling. n.
1. an undergarment, worn esp. by women, often boned or of elastic, for supporting and giving a slimmer appearance to the abdomen, hips, and buttocks.
2. a belt, cord, sash, or the like, worn about the waist.
3. anything that encircles, confines, or limits.
4. the narrow edge or band between the upper and lower or front and back sections of a faceted gemstone.
5. either of two bony encircling frameworks connecting the vertebrate limbs to the axial skeleton.
6. a ring made around a tree trunk, branch, etc., by removing a band of bark.v.t.
7. to encircle with a belt; gird.
8. to encompass; enclose; encircle.
9. to move around (something or someone) in a circle.
10. to cut away the bark and cambium in a ring around (a tree, branch, etc.).
[before 1000; Middle English; Old English gyrdel, derivative of girdan to gird1]
Past participle: ringbarked