Russian(redirected from Russianises)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to Russia or its people, language, or culture.
2. Of or relating to the former Soviet Union.
a. A native or inhabitant of Russia.
b. A person of Russian ancestry.
c. A native or inhabitant of the former Soviet Union.
2. The East Slavic language of the Russians, used as the official language of Russia and widely as a second language within the Commonwealth of Independent States.
1. (Languages) the official language of Russia: an Indo-European language belonging to the East Slavonic branch
2. (Languages) the official language of the former Soviet Union
3. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Russia
4. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Russia, its people, or their language
5. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Russia, its people, or their language
6. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Russia, its people, or their language
a. a member of a Slavic people, the dominant ethnic group in the Russian Federation, whose historical homeland lies along the upper Volga and Oka rivers and adjacent areas.
b. the East Slavic language of this people: the official language of Russia or the Russian Federation. Abbr.: Russ
2. any native or citizen of Russia or the Russian Federation.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Russia, its inhabitants, or their language.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Russian - a native or inhabitant of Russia |
Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic, Soviet Russia, Russia - formerly the largest Soviet Socialist Republic in the USSR occupying eastern Europe and northern Asia
aborigine, indigen, indigene, native, aboriginal - an indigenous person who was born in a particular place; "the art of the natives of the northwest coast"; "the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
Tatar - a member of the Turkic-speaking people living from the Volga to the Ural Mountains (the name has been attributed to many other groups)
Komi - a member of a Finnish people living in the northwestern Urals in Russia
Inger, Ingerman, Ingrian - a member of western Finnish people formerly living in the Baltic province where Saint Petersburg was built
Carelian, Karelian - a member of the Finnish people living in Karelia in northwestern European Russia
Khanty, Ostyak - a member of the nomadic Ugrian people living in northwestern Siberia (east of the Urals)
Mordva, Mordvin, Mordvinian - a member of the agricultural people living in the central Volga provinces of European Russia
Nganasan - a member of the Samoyedic people living on the Taimyr Peninsula in Siberia
Samoyed - a Samoyedic-speaking person in northwestern Siberia
Yeniseian - a member of one of the groups living in the Yenisei river valley in western Siberia
Great Russian - a member of the chief stock of Russian people living in European Russia; used to distinguish ethnic Russians from other peoples incorporated into Russia
Muscovite - a resident of Moscow
Georgian - a native or inhabitant of Georgia in Asia
Siberian - a native or inhabitant of Siberia
Chechen - a native or inhabitant of Chechnya
|2.||Russian - the Slavic language that is the official language of Russia|
Slavic, Slavic language, Slavonic, Slavonic language - a branch of the Indo-European family of languages
|Adj.||1.||Russian - of or pertaining to or characteristic of Russia or its people or culture or language; "Russian dancing"|
Tiếng Ngangười Ngathuộc nước/người/tiếng Nga
adj → russisch
n pikant gewürzte Mayonnaise mit gehackten Salzgurken
n → Juchten nt
1. adj → russo/a
2. n (person) → russo/a; (language) → russo
russian→ اللغة الروسية, روسيّ Rus, ruský, ruština russer, russisk Russe, Russisch Ρωσικά, ρωσικός, Ρώσος ruso venäjä, venäläinen russe Rus, ruski russo ロシアの, ロシア人, ロシア語 러시아 사람, 러시아어, 러시아의 Rus, Russisch russer, russisk język rosyjski, Rosjanin, rosyjski russo русский, русский язык rysk, ryska, ryss เกี่ยวกับรัสเซีย, ชาวรัสเซีย, ภาษารัสเซีย Rus, Rusça người Nga, thuộc nước/người/tiếng Nga, tiếng Nga 俄罗斯人, 俄罗斯的, 俄语