Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Ruthenian: Ruthenian language
Of or relating to Ruthenia, the Ruthenians, or their language or culture.
1. A native or inhabitant of Ruthenia.
2. The variety of Ukrainian used by the Ruthenians.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Peoples) of or relating to Ruthenia, its people, or their dialect of Ukrainian
2. (Placename) of or relating to Ruthenia, its people, or their dialect of Ukrainian
3. (Languages) of or relating to Ruthenia, its people, or their dialect of Ukrainian
4. (Languages) a dialect of Ukrainian
5. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Ruthenia
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Ru•the•ni•an(ruˈθi ni ən, -ˈθin yən)
2. of or pertaining to Ruthenia or its inhabitants.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.