l(redirected from S ratio)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to S ratio: P/CF ratio
L 1also l
The symbol for the Roman numeral 50.
4. or l liter
5. Sports loss
l 1or L (ĕl)
n. pl. l's or L's also ls or Ls
1. The 12th letter of the modern English alphabet.
2. Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter l.
3. The 12th in a series.
4. Something shaped like the letter L.
n, pl l's, L's or Ls
1. (Linguistics) the 12th letter and ninth consonant of the modern English alphabet
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) a speech sound represented by this letter, usually a lateral, as in label
a. something shaped like an L
b. (in combination): an L-shaped room.
1. (Units) litre
2. (Atomic Physics) physics lepton number
1. (Units) ell (unit)
2. (Units) lambert(s)
5. (Automotive Engineering) (on British motor vehicles) learner driver
6. (General Physics) physics length
8. (Currencies) currency
a. pound. Usually written: £
9. (Aeronautics) aeronautics lift
10. (Electronics) electronics inductor (in circuit diagrams)
11. (General Physics) physics latent heat
12. (General Physics) physics self-inductance
13. (Chemistry) chem the Avogadro constant
14. (Mathematics) (Roman numeral)50. See Roman numerals
(Automotive Engineering) Luxembourg (international car registration)
[(for sense 8a) Latin libra pound]
n., pl. Ls L's, ls or l's.
1. the 12th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
2. any spoken sound represented by this letter.
3. something shaped like an L.
4. a written or printed representation of the letter L or l.
n., pl. L's Ls.
7. Brit. pound.
[< Latin lībra]
1. the 12th in order or in a series.
2. (sometimes l.c.) the Roman numeral for 50. Compare Roman numerals.
(of a molecule) having a configuration resembling the levorotatory isomer of glyceraldehyde: printed as a small capital, roman character (disting. from d-).
levorotatory; levo- (disting. from d-).
9. leu; lei.
10. lev; leva.
[< Latin liber]
13. lira; lire.
17. stage left.
pl. ll., line.
pl. ll., line.
Abbreviation of liter
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||l - a metric unit of capacity, formerly defined as the volume of one kilogram of pure water under standard conditions; now equal to 1,000 cubic centimeters (or approximately 1.75 pints)|
metric capacity unit - a capacity unit defined in metric terms
|2.||L - the cardinal number that is the product of ten and five|
large integer - an integer equal to or greater than ten
|3.||L - a cgs unit of illumination equal to the brightness of a perfectly diffusing surface that emits or reflects one lumen per square centimeter|
illumination unit - a measure of illumination
|4.||l - the 12th letter of the Roman alphabet|
Latin alphabet, Roman alphabet - the alphabet evolved by the ancient Romans which serves for writing most of the languages of western Europe
|Adj.||1.||l - being ten more than forty |
cardinal - being or denoting a numerical quantity but not order; "cardinal numbers"
Ll [ˈɛl] n (= letter) → L, l m
L for Lima, L for Love (US) → L comme Louis
(=large) → L
(=lake) → L
(=left) → g
(British) (=learner) signale un conducteur débutant