spa(redirected from SIIA)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. A resort providing therapeutic baths.
2. A resort area having mineral springs.
3. A fashionable hotel or resort.
4. A health spa.
5. A tub for relaxation or invigoration, usually including a device for raising whirlpools in the water.
[After Spa, a resort town of eastern Belgium.]
1. (Physical Geography) a mineral spring or a place or resort where such a spring is found
2. (Human Geography) a mineral spring or a place or resort where such a spring is found
[C17: named after Spa, Belgium]
(Placename) a town in E Belgium, in Liège province: a resort with medicinal mineral springs (discovered in the 14th century). Pop: 10 491 (2004 est)
(Commerce) Società per Azioni
[Italian: limited company]
(Environmental Science) Special Protection Area: an area designated by the European Union in order to protect endangered species, esp of birds
n., pl. spas.
1. a mineral spring, or a locality in which such springs exist.
2. a luxurious resort or resort hotel.
3. health spa.
4. a hot tub or similar bathing facility, usu. for more than one person.
5. New England. soda fountain.
[1555–65; generalized use of Spa]
a resort town in E Belgium, SE of Liège: famous mineral springs. 9391.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spa - a health resort near a spring or at the seaside|
pump room - a pump house at a spa where medicinal waters are pumped and where patrons gather
|2.||spa - a fashionable hotel usually in a resort area|
hotel - a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
|3.||spa - a place of business with equipment and facilities for exercising and improving physical fitness|
fat farm - a health spa that specializes in helping people lose weight
suối nước khoáng
spa[spɑː] N → balneario m
n (= town) → (Heil- or Mineral)bad nt, → Kurort m; (= spring) → (Heil- or Mineral)quelle f