spec(redirected from SPEC CPU95)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. specs The specifications, as for a building to be constructed.
tr.v. spec'd, spec'ing, specs or specced (spĕkt) or spec·cing (spĕk′ĭng)
To write or supply specifications for.
1. Of or relating to specifications: a manufacturer's spec sheet.
2. Done, constructed, produced, or purchased as a speculation: a spec job; a spec house.
On a speculation basis; with no assurance of profit: houses built on spec; writes TV commercials on spec.
on spec as a speculation or gamble: all the tickets were sold so I went to the theatre on spec.
(prenominal) Austral and NZ speculative: a spec developer.
[C19: short for speculation or speculative]
n., v. spec'd specked specced, spec'•ing speck•ing spec•cing. n.
1. Usu., specs. specification (defs. 2, 3).
3. to provide specifications for.Idioms:
on spec, made, built, or done with hopes of but no assurance of payment or a sale.
[1940–45; by shortening]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spec - a detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work|
computer architecture - the art of assembling logical elements into a computing device; the specification of the relation between parts of a computer system
network architecture - specification of design principles (including data formats and procedures) for creating a network configuration of data processors